Thursday, February 27, 2014

Audrey's Bedroom Reveal

It was about six weeks ago when I decided it was high time that we get the show on the road in Audrey's bedroom. Other than painting her wall and moving in her furniture, we hadn't done anything in here since we moved in last May. I have to say that putting a room together looks a whole lot easier on HGTV and other people's blogs then in real life. I mean it's not like we did any major projects but it still took us six weeks! Regardless, we are so happy with the progression and I am beyond excited to be finally sharing it with you. So, let's get on with it, shall we? Oh, and for some added fun let's play a little game of I Spy. How many butterflies, polka dots, and letter A's can you spot in here?

Let's start with one of the major focal points in the room -- the bed! As I mentioned before, I wanted her bed to have the daybed look and feel. I wanted to give Audrey a cozy place to hang out. So, I took off the headboard and centered the bed on the wall. Cozy pillows and a canopy make it the perfect spot to relax and enjoy a good book. Audrey loves sleeping under her canopy. Details on how I made it will be up in the coming days.




To the right of the bed is Audrey's cart turned nightstand, gallery wall, and a full length mirror. The little canvas basket was a Target find a while back and it's where all Audrey princess dolls hang out.
 

To the left of the bed is the Ikea cubbies that hold lots of Audrey's toys including her wooden princess castle.

 
She has a little seating area here with the rug and pillow. I'd like to add more later but she also just borrows the ones from her bed when she wants to hang out down here.

 
And, here is the opposite view of her room.
 
 
 The little, pink table holds a couple of boxes that hold random goodies. If you've ever lived with a 6-year-old, you know that there is always plenty of randomness lying around. She is definitely my little collector so boxes such as these are a lifesaver for keeping a handle on the clutter.


 
And, then there's the workspace. This is personally my favorite area in here. I am in loooooove with how her desk turned out! I am still over the moon that we found this little treasure.

 

We hung a couple of Lack shelves from Ikea to fill up some of the white space and to have a place for show off her books, art, etc.

 

I love the mix of pink, blue, and gold over here. To give Audrey's desk a girly touch, we installed a floral knob from Anthropologie. The boxes next to the desk hold different learning games that we play or as Audrey likes to call them -- her homework. The other boxes hold more books. There may be books in every nook and cranny of our house!

 
To the right of the desk, I hung a couple of clothespins on the wall to hang paper so Audrey can easily access it when she wants to draw and write. I added some black and white washi tape around it to give it a little pop. One side is for single sheets of paper and the other side holds stapled booklets for when Audrey wants to be an author and make books.
 
 

I styled her desk with the gold lamp from Target, picture frames, an Anthro-inspired mug that I DIYed, and a basket for coloring tools and faux flowers.


Here are a few close-ups...





There are always going to be things that we will want to add over time. As you probably noticed, Audrey still needs a chair for her desk. I'm actually on the look out for the perfect little stool but we will see what we come up with. Other than that, we will add "a few more touches" here and there. Those were Audrey's words exactly. I think I may be rubbing off on her.

Thank you so much for sticking around as we tackled this room. It makes me smile to know that another project can be crossed off of our list. Still to come...a little reorganizing in the playroom and then there's Will's big boy room. Some fun ideas for that project are currently swirling around in my head -- I wonder if I will be able to pull them off. Stay tuned...it looks like it may be a productive spring for us!!!

 

 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...