Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Living Room Take 2


Living Room Take 2
I'm a girl who can't make a decision. I don't know what it is about me that has such a hard time committing to things but I really do. This makes shopping for home decor items a little tricky especially if it is a big ticket item. Thankfully, I have a husband who has lately loved putting in his two cents. I did a mood board awhile ago for our the living room in our new house that looked like this...

Living Room
 
The look wasn't bad but since I've lived with these ideas since October when I first wrote this post (crazy town that it's been that long); I've decided I wanted to switch things around. I had considered switching out the natural rug for a blue one until Aaron sweetly reminded me that I have a sick obsession with the color blue. That's when we (Aaron would say he) decided a fun color like the coral rug would be a great choice. It brightens up the room for sure. I also love the geometric, Ikat pattern.

As for the couch, I loved the CB2 one from my original look but it was a little more than we wanted to spend. Also, the light gray worried me with having two little ones climbing all over it. I found the charcoal one that has the same basic shape. It will most likely be the one that comes home with us.

In keeping with the kid-friendly vibe, I would love a plush ottoman in place of a coffee table. We have a coffee table now and poor Will has dealt with one too many bumps on the head. Time to give him a softer place to land. I am digging the idea of a patterned ottoman that will complement the rug.

Oh, and don't worry. I still plan to get my blue in there by mixing navy and turquoise. The blue chair that I actually have in both of my looks is to die for. It is also crazy expensive at $1300. It will serve as inspiration, though, as I shop around.

Here's hoping that I don't change my mind once the room is actually done. I need to learn to go with my gut and and stop second-guessing myself.

The next time I show you my living room, it will be the actual living room. Yay! We started the process of moving in this past weekend. So, get ready for lots and lots of upcoming posts!



 
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE living room take 2. The chair and rug are to die for.

    Britt@ Creating Space for Five

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...