Friday, December 21, 2012

Hello Kitty Pajama Party Part 2

As promised, I'm back to share a few more details of my little lady's 5th birthday party. The party was a huge success and I'm pretty sure both Audrey and all of her guests had a blast! In my last post, I shared these DIY headbands and blankets that I made. They were definitely a huge hit. Just look at the birthday girl all decked out!

 
 It has become a bit of a tradition for us to have an ornament craft  at Audrey's parties since her birthday is only ten days before Christmas. So, I figured out a plan to make Hello Kitty ornaments. This project cost practically nothing since I had pretty much everything on hand. All I had to do was buy the cookie cutter. Amazing!



I followed this recipe for making salt dough ornaments.I painted each one with white acrylic paint (about 3 coats) and I used a black sharpie to outline her bow since it got a little lost in the mix. Since I wanted this project to work for girls and boys, I printed out this sheet in case the kids needed a little inspiration.


And, here are some of the finished products. They look amazing and the kids had a lot of fun painting them.
 
Here is the one that Audrey made! I love that it will serve as a memory of her turning five each year that we put it on our tree.  
 
 
We also had a station for the kids to make Fruit Loop necklaces. I used yarn but realized as the kids were working on them that adding a piece of tape to the end made it easier for them to string the cereal.
 
 
And, what's a birthday party without cake? A must for me when it comes to parties is making the cake myself. I'm not always the best at it but I enjoy it.  I used the Wilton Hello Kitty cake pan. I also made a large round cake to serve as a base and because I wanted to make sure we had enough. Here is my handiwork. Again, not perfect, but it was made with love.
 
 
This isn't the best picture but here is a shot of the entire cake table with some then and now pictures of Audrey and favors. I made the banner out of scrapbook paper and ribbon.

 
Happy Birthday to my sweet little girl!
 
 
 
**In case I don't manage another post before next week, I want to say Merry Christmas! Thank you for reading and I will see you again next year! **
 
 
 
 
 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...