Saturday, November 24, 2012

Frozen in Time

I hope all of you enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving. I, myself, have so many reasons to be thankful. I count my blessings each day especially when it comes to our two amazing children. I am so thankful to be a mom and to have two happy and healthy little ones. I only wish that they wouldn't grow up so fast (I know every parent says that). My little girl is going to be five very soon and Will is 7 1/2 months! I can't believe it and I wish I could stop time and live these moments of their childhood forever. Since that can't happen, I am trying to preserve the memories the best that I can. Making silhouettes is one way that I will do that. I have always loved silhouettes. They remind me of my Grandma Marylou and my own silhouette that she had hanging in her home. She had a professional do ours when we were little, which was a very cool experience.


Instead of hiring someone, however, I decided to try my hand at making my own. I knew that I wanted to use fun colors instead of black. I bought white, turquoise, and pink cardstock from the craft store. I cut the white paper down to fit an 8x10 frame.

 
My first step was to take and print pictures of the kids' profiles. I printed 5x7 photos that were zoomed in enough so they were basically all head. I cut out the picture trying very carefully to get every little detail.
 

 
Then, I simply taped it to the cardsotck and cut again. Here's what I came up with the first time around. I love how it captures Will's big, bald, baby head!
 

I repeated these steps for Audrey's picture. Capturing her hair was a little more difficult so I just played around with it until I liked the way it looked.

 
 
I had a white frame on hand, so I tried Will's inside to see how it would look. I'm really happy with this look and just need to pick up another one while I'm out to complete this project. 
 
 
My new silhouettes are part of my home spruce up project that I've been working on. I will hopefully be able to share more on that this coming week. Until then, have a great weekend!

 

 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...