Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Audrey's Latest Project

On Saturday, we were hanging out at the house when Audrey came to me and explained that she really wanted to do a project. When I asked her what kind of project she wanted to do, she told me that she wanted to paint something. "You know, like my rainbow," she said. You can check out her rainbow project here. She is definitely a girl after my own heart. How could I say no to my budding artist?



I just happened to have a small canvas on hand, so I got it down and gathered some supplies for her to go to work. I told her that I saw something recently where you could put tape on the canvas in places where you don't want the paint to go. I asked her if she wanted to try it and she was game. First, she decided where she wanted the tape to go and I helped her put it on. She also told me that she wanted an "A" for Audrey on her painting so we added that, as well. Neither of us, realized at this point that we had actually taped two A's. I must have been more focused on what the white space looked like.

 
I got out my stash of acrylic paint and Audrey chose these three colors...
 
 
Then, she went to work.
 
 
 
She filled the different white spaces with different colors of paint.
 
 
She did about three coats in every spot. This is what it looked like when she had finished painting.
 
 
When it was dry, we removed the tape. Here is her finished piece! I love everything about it. The geometric shapes, the colors, and the cool way it created two A's. What can I say? I may be a little biased but I think it's gallery-worthy!
 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...